KOTA KINABALU / KINABALU PARK HQ / RESORT
- Pickup from your hotel lobby or airport and depart on a 2 hours journey to Kinabalu
- Park Headquarter.
- En route passing by villages and a panoramic vista of the valleys of the Crocker Range.
- Along the way, take a brief stop at Nabalu. Nabalu is a place where the local natives gather to sell local produce, fruits, home grown vegetables and handicraft souvenirs.
- Check into Kinabalu Park Hostel or similar.
- Rest of the day you are free at leisure.
- Dinner will be served at Balsam restaurant and overnight.
PARK HQ / TIMPOHON GATE / ASCEND MOUNT KINABALU / LABAN RATA
(Buffet Breakfast, Packed Lunch, Buffet Dinner)
- Breakfast at Park Restaurant. Thereafter, collect your packed lunch.
- Proceed to the Park HQ to register for the climb.
- Our guide will arrange for all necessary registrations, assign you a mountain guide and apply for your ID TAG.
- Remember to wear your ID TAG at all times.
- You’ll then be transferred to starting point – Timpohon Gate – where your journey and quest to the summit of Borneo’s highest mountain begins! The climb will take approximately 4-5 hours.
- The trek will pass by different vegetation zones from Oak and Chestnut to mossy and eventually to alpine type of vegetations.
- Arrive and check into Laban Rata Rest House @ 3,272m or similar in the late afternoon.
- Buffet Dinner at Laban Rata restaurant and overnight.
(Early Supper, Breakfast, Buffet Lunch)
- (02:00hrs) Wake up for early supper and depart for continuation of journey towards the summit of Mount Kinabalu.
- The journey up to the Low’s peak @ 4,095m will test your fitness and determination.
- Depending on speed of trekking, you might be able to experience the glorious sunrise over the majestic Mt. Kinabalu if weather permits.
- (07:00hrs) Descend back to Laban Rata for late breakfast and check out. Trek down to Timpohon Gate for transfer back to the Kinabalu Park Headquarter (est. arrival 13:00hrs to 15:00hrs).
- Congratulations, you can now collect your Certificate of Achievement!
- Buffet Lunch will be served at the Balsam restaurant in Kinabalu Park.
- Transfer back to Kota Kinabalu City. Journey takes approx. 2 hrs.
~ END OF TOUR ~
02 Breakfasts, 02 Lunches, 02 Dinners & 01 Supper
Meals as Stated, 02 Nights Accommodation, Entrance Fee, Return Airport/Hotel Transfer (Seat-In-Coach), Return Transfer (Park HQ – Timpohon Gate – Park HQ), Mountain Guide, Climbing Insurance, Climbing Permit and Certificate, English Speaking Support Team
|01 Night Kinabalu Park Hostel -Grace / Rock (Dormitory)
||01 Night Laban Rata Rest House or Similar (Non-Heated Dormitory)
Airfares, Optional Tipping & Porter Fee, Alcoholic Drinks, Any Items Not Mentioned
Note on Meals Arrangement:
- Lunch will be converted to packed lunch on Day 02 (Mt Kinabalu Descent) for climbers who arrived late and missed the lunch timing.
Balsam Restaurant Lunch Time: 12:00 – 16:00hr.
Things You Should Prepare For Mountain Climb:
- Waterproof backpack to store your items
- Trekking or running shoe with good grip
- Warm clothing/Long sleeves shirt/Hiking pants
- Jacket/Wind breaker
- Extra clothing and socks
- Small towel
- Hand gloves and winter hat
- Disposable raincoats
- Head torch
- Personal toiletries
- Refillable water bottle (0.5 – 1 Litre)
- High energy food such as chocolates, nuts, biscuits, sweets, energy bars
- Your extra luggage can be stored at Kinabalu Park HQ at a nominal fee of RM10 per piece prior climb.
Things You Wish To Bring:
- Medication such as headache tablets or altitude sickness tablets
- Tissue paper / Toilet roll
- Sun block lotion, lip gloss, plasters
- Insect repellent / Mosquito Oil
- Camera with water proof bag
- Sandals / Slippers
- Plastic bags
About Climb Transport Arrangements
- Our friendly guide will greet and meet you at the Airport arrival hall or your Hotel lobby with a placard bearing your good name. Should you encounter difficulties in locating our guide, you could call our local ground handler who will assist you.
- We do not recommend you to catch your flight on the same day that you descend the mountain due to possible delay from injuries, tiredness and/or bad weather and traffic conditions.
- For 1 Day Packages, our transport will pick you up from your Hotel between 05:30hr – 06:00hr. (Arrange with your hotel for early breakfast)
- For 2 Days / 1 Night packages, our transport will pick you up from your Hotel between 06:30hr – 07:00hr. (Arrange with your hotel for early breakfast)
- For 2 Days / 1 Night packages with ferrata, our transport will pick you up from your Hotel between 06:00hr – 06:45hr. (Arrange with your hotel for early breakfast)
- For 3 Days / 2 Nights packages and beyond, our transport can pick you up from either Airport OR your Hotel. Time is dependent on your arrival flight schedule. Please provide us your flight details.
- Add MYR 30nett per person per way for transport to/from locations outside Kota Kinabalu city (e.g. Beringgis Beach Resort/Langkah Syabas Beach Resort / Papar / Kinarut Area).
- All transportations are based on Seat-In-Coach. This is a transfer service in which clients share their vehicle with other clients. This is a door-to-door service with multiple pickups & drop-offs throughout the journey. Do expect some short waiting time.
- After descending to Kinabalu Park HQ, climbers are subject to pre-determined pickup time set by Amazing Borneo Tours with the last transport returning to Kota Kinabalu city latest by 18:00hrs. We will ensure your possible wait of not more than 2 hours at Park HQ. However, if you missed the last transport (which is unlikely) or wish to depart at your own preferred timing, we can arrange a vehicle for private transfer for you (Subject to availability). Please understand that the surcharge for any private transfer will have to be borne by you.
- Private Transfer Surcharge:- MYR 250/vehicle/way
- Our group rates are quoted without deviation, which means we provide only one return transfers for your group. If your group requires more than one return transfers, additional transfer charges may apply.
- Do take note that your passport will be required for verification during registration at the Kinabalu Park office. Please bring it along with you.
Friendly Note From Sabah Parks:
It is recommended that all climbers should have themselves medically checked before attempting any mountain climb. If you have a history of suffering from the following ailments, it is highly recommend that you should refrain from climbing: Hypertension, Diabetes, Palpitation, Arthritis, Heart disease, severe anemia, Peptic ulcers, Epileptic fits, Obesity (overweight), Chronic asthma, Muscular cramps, Hepatitis (jaundice); or any other disease which may hamper the climber.
Amazing Borneo Tours brings you accommodation (Hotels/Beach Resorts/Lodges) at great discounted prices now! Enquire to find out the best rates for your preferred accommodation when you book this tour with us.