- Identify your Mountain Guide who will display an identification card.
- Travel together in your own group and stay with the Mountain Guide at all times.
- Follow the instructions of your Mountain Guide.
- Alert your Mountain Guide if you face any difficulty.
- Believe It or Not, DO NOT SHOUT, SCREAM or CURSE the mountain at any point of time.
- Display your climbing permit and show it to Park Officials at the check point at Timpohon Gate, Panalaban and Sayat-Sayat on your way up and down.
- If for any reason, you are separated from your group or the Mountain Guide, please follow the white rope that marks the summit Trail. If visibility is very low or in the dark please hold onto the rope and follow it. (There is a thick white rope leasing all the way from the vegetation belt above Panalaban to the summit. Use this rope to help climbing up and prevent falling when walking down. PLEASE FOLLOW and USE THE ROPE FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY.
- The weather on the Summit area can deteriorate in a matter of minutes. Thick mist may reduce visibility to only 3 meters, and rainstorms and wind of up to 120 km/hr. may occur at times. Please hold on to the ROPE, which will lead you to safety.
- If you are separated from your Mountain Guide and lose sight of the ROPE, STOP IMMEDIATELY, stay where you are and blow your whistle to attract attention. PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO FIND YOUR WAY OUT. HELP is definitely on the way. The Park Officials at Sayat-Sayat check point will notice that you are missing.
- While climbing to the Submit please make sure to carry with you the followings:-
Wear enough warm clothing Temperature can be freezing at times A head torchlight To light your way during pre-dawn climb and to signal for help when needed A rain coat To protect you from rain and wind, and it will slow down the loss of body heat A whistle Only to be used when help is needed. Three short blasts to attract attraction, long continuous blasts for emergency and serious injuries Some energy food and water
(e.g. extra chocolate, glucose tablets, biscuits)
For emergency-use when you are waiting for help to arrive
Mount Kinabalu Climb Booking & Information Center