KOTA KINABALU / KINABALU PARK HQ / TIMPOHON GATE / ASCEND MOUNT KINABALU / PENDANT HUT
(Packed Lunch, Buffet Dinner)
- (06:00 Hrs - 06:45 Hrs) Pick-up from your hotel lobby and depart on a 2 hrs journey to Kinabalu Park Headquarter. Collect your packed lunch.
- (09:00hr) Our guide will arrange for all necessary registrations, assign you a mountain guide and apply for your ID TAG.
- Remember to wear your ID TAG at all times.
- You’ll then be transferred to starting point – Timpohon Gate – where your journey and quest to the summit of Borneo’s highest mountain begins!
- The climb will take approximately 4-5 hours.
- The trek will pass by different vegetation zones from Oak and Chestnut to mossy and eventually to alpine type of vegetations.
- (15:00hr) Arrive at Pendant hut @ 3,289m and settle in.
- (15:30hr) Attend the mandatory Via Ferrata familiarization in Pendant Hut and meet your Mountain Torq trainer.
- (18:00hr) Buffet Dinner at Laban Rata restaurant and overnight at Pendant Hut.
- (20:00hr) Lights out.
LOW’S PEAK / LOW’S PEAK CIRCUIT / DESCEND MOUNT KINABALU / KOTA KINABALU
(Early Supper, Breakfast, Lunch)
- (01:30hr) Wake up for early supper & pack up.
- (02:30hr) Continuation of journey towards the summit of Mount Kinabalu.
- (05:40hr) Summit Low’s peak @ 4,095m and catch the sunrise.
- (06:00hr) Descend Low’s Peak to meet your Mountain Torq trainer.
- (06:30hr) Meet your via ferrata trainer at the 7.5 km mark for Low’s Peak Circuit via ferrata experience (intermediate via ferrata, 4 to 5 hrs, French grade AD)
- (11:00hr) Return to Pendant Hut for a well earned late breakfast.
- (12:00hr) Check out of Pendant Hut.
- Descend to Timpohon Gate.
- Arrive at Timpohon Gate (Est. arrival 16:00hrs to 18:00hrs) and transfer to headquarter to collect certificate of achievement.
- Lunch will be served in Kinabalu Park.
- Transfer back to Kota Kinabalu city. Journey takes approx. 2 hrs.
~ END OF TOUR ~
01 Breakfast, 02 Lunches, 01 Dinners & 01 Supper
Meals as Stated, 01 Night Accommodation, Entrance Fee, Return Hotel Transfer (Seat-In-Coach), Return Transfer (Park HQ – Timpohon Gate – Park HQ), Mountain Guide, Via Ferrata Trainer, Climbing Insurance, Climbing Permit and Certificates, Certificate Holder, English Speaking Support Team
Types of Mount Kinabalu Climbers Certificate:
01 Night Pendant Hut @ Panalaban (Non-Heated Dormitory Bunk-bed with sharing bathroom & toilet)
Airfares, Optional Tipping & Porter Fee, Alcoholic Drinks, Any Items Not Mentioned
Note on Meals Arrangement:
- Lunch will be converted to packed lunch on Day 02 (Mt Kinabalu Descent) for climbers who arrived late and missed the lunch timing.
Balsam Restaurant Lunch Time: 12:00 – 16:00hr.
Things You Should Prepare For Mountain Climb:
- Waterproof backpack to store your items
- Trekking or running shoe with good grip
- Warm clothing/Long sleeves shirt/Hiking pants
- Jacket/Wind breaker
- Extra clothing and socks
- Small towel
- Hand gloves and winter hat
- Disposable raincoats
- Head torch
- Personal toiletries
- Refillable water bottle (0.5 – 1 Litre)
- High energy food such as chocolates, nuts, biscuits, sweets, energy bars
- Your extra luggage can be stored at Kinabalu Park HQ at a nominal fee of RM10 per piece prior climb.
Things You Wish To Bring:
- Medication such as headache tablets or altitude sickness tablets
- Tissue paper / Toilet roll
- Sun block lotion, lip gloss, plasters
- Insect repellent / Mosquito Oil
- Camera with water proof bag
- Sandals / Slippers
- Plastic bags
About Climb Transport Arrangements
- Our friendly guide will greet and meet you at the Airport arrival hall or your Hotel lobby with a placard bearing your good name. Should you encounter difficulties in locating our guide, you could call our local ground handler who will assist you.
- We do not recommend you to catch your flight on the same day that you descend the mountain due to possible delay from injuries, tiredness and/or bad weather and traffic conditions.
- For 1 Day Packages, our transport will pick you up from your Hotel between 05:30hr – 06:00hr. (Arrange with your hotel for early breakfast)
- For 2 Days / 1 Night packages, our transport will pick you up from your Hotel between 06:30hr – 07:00hr. (Arrange with your hotel for early breakfast)
- For 2 Days / 1 Night packages with via ferrata, our transport will pick you up from your Hotel between 06:00hr – 06:45hr. (Arrange with your hotel for early breakfast)
- For 3 Days / 2 Nights packages and beyond, our transport can pick you up from either Airport OR your Hotel. Time is dependent on your arrival flight schedule. Please provide us your flight details.
- Add MYR 30nett per person per way for transport to/from locations outside Kota Kinabalu city (e.g. Beringgis Beach Resort/Langkah Syabas Beach Resort / Papar / Kinarut Area).
- All transportations are based on Seat-In-Coach. This is a transfer service in which clients share their vehicle with other clients. This is a door-to-door service with multiple pickups & drop-offs throughout the journey. Do expect some short waiting time.
- After descending to Kinabalu Park HQ, climbers are subject to pre-determined pickup time set by Amazing Borneo Tours with the last transport returning to Kota Kinabalu city latest by 18:00hrs. We will ensure your possible wait of not more than 2 hours at Park HQ. However, if you missed the last transport (which is unlikely) or wish to depart at your own preferred timing, we can arrange a vehicle for private transfer for you (Subject to availability). Please understand that the surcharge for any private transfer will have to be borne by you.
- Private Transfer Surcharge:- MYR 250/vehicle/way
- Our group rates are quoted without deviation, which means we provide only one return transfers for your group. If your group requires more than one return transfers, additional transfer charges may apply.
- Do take note that your passport will be required for verification during registration at the Kinabalu Park office. Please bring it along with you.
Important Mountain Torq Policy For All Via Ferrata Climbers:
* Please do not rush or be disappointed should you not be able to make it on time or if the activity is cancelled. Safety comes first, as you can still reach the Low’s Peak summit without going through the Via Ferrata activity.
Friendly Note From Sabah Parks:
- Climbers MUST present their original passports/IC for climb registration at Kinabalu Park HQ on the actual day of climb. Please bring it along with you.
- Climbers MUST attend the compulsory Via Ferrata briefing/training session in Pendant Hut between 15:00hrs-16:00hrs(Latest Cut-off time) on 1st day of climb.
- Climbers MUST descend & arrive at starting point by 07:00hrs (LPC) or 07:30hrs (WTT) for each activity (Latest Cut-off time) on 2nd day of climb.
- All Via Ferrata activities will be conducted together in mix groups by qualified Mountain Torq Via Ferrata trainers.
- Climbers who fail to comply with the timing will not be able to proceed with the selected complimentary Via Ferrata activity. NO reimbursement shall be made.
- Via Ferrata activity can be cancelled due to bad weather for the safety of all climbers, NO reimbursement shall be made.
It is recommended that all climbers should have themselves medically checked before attempting any mountain climb. If you have a history of suffering from the following ailments, it is highly recommend that you should refrain from climbing: Hypertension, Diabetes, Palpitation, Arthritis, Heart disease, severe anemia, Peptic ulcers, Epileptic fits, Obesity (overweight), Chronic asthma, Muscular cramps, Hepatitis (jaundice); or any other disease which may hamper the climber.
The minimum age eligible for Via Ferrata Low’s Peak Circuit package is 16 years old. Exceptions to the minimum criteria will NOT be entertained by the Accommodation Provider.