LAHAD DATU / TABIN WILDLIFE RESERVE / LIPAD MUD VOLCANO TREKKING
You will be picked up in the east coast town of Lahad Datu and transferred by road to Tabin Wildlife Reserve (1:30 hrs). Check into an attractive timber lodge at Tabin Wildlife Resort, which comes complete with private balcony, ceiling fan and hot water shower, a welcome luxury in the forest. Nestled within the rainforest beside the Lipad River, this lovely setting is home to a surprising variety of birds, insects and small mammals, even right beside the buildings of the resort. Discover the rich variety of jungle herbs, some endemic, used for generations by local folks for the treatment of various ailments.
In the afternoon, visit the Lipad mud volcano which provides a mineral salt lick for wildlife. After trekking through the rainforest for 20 minutes, arrive at the elevated bare area of the mud volcano which is frequented by wildlife and birds. Try to identify the multitude of animal footprints here. Climb the observation tower and admire the contrasting landscape of the bare mud volcano and its surrounding thick forest, where birds are commonly sighted.
After dinner, enjoy a slide presentation on Tabin’s natural wonders, followed by a trip to look out for nocturnal wildlife and birds. Remember to look up at the clear, dark sky of Tabin, identify the constellations above you and make a wish or two.
You may opt to join the early morning bird walk to discover some of Tabin’s rich collection of almost 300 bird species. After breakfast, trek through the lush green rainforest known for its rich diversity of plants and animal species to visit Lipad Waterfall. Take a dip in the natural pool and enjoy a natural and refreshing shower under the waterfall. Alternatively explore the surrounding vegetation or just relax.
(Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
In the afternoon you may wish to try out the Tabin Rainforest Foot Soak made with a natural blend of herbs, to relax tired muscles after long jungle treks.
TABIN ROCK POOL / LAHAD DATU
After breakfast, stroll to the nearby rock pool or river side where groups of macaques and other small mammals can sometimes be seen. Choose to take a dip in the river or simply listen to the sound of nature before saying good bye to Tabin.
~ END OF TOUR ~
02 Breakfasts, 03 Lunches, 02 Dinners
Meals as Stated, Scheduled return transfer Lahad Datu/Tabin/Lahad Datu (Seat-In-Coach), English Speaking Guide, Entry Permit & Taxes to Conservation Area, 02 Nights Accommodation
Domestic Airfares (BKI>LDU>BKI), Personal Expenses, Alcoholic & Carbonated Drinks, Personal Travel Insurance, Any Items Not Mentioned
Things You Should Bring:
- Insect repellent
- Long sleeve shirts & long pants
- Sun hat
- Swim wear
- Comfortable trekking shoes
- Torch light
- Water bottle
- Personal toiletries
- Leech socks are available for sale at the resort’s shop
Things You Should Know:
- Activities are subject to weather conditions, and may be re-organised to best meet operational situations.
- Amazing Borneo Tours does not guarantee wildlife sightings.
- Amazing Borneo Tours reserves the right to alter routes, timetables, itineraries and accommodation reserved should conditions beyond our control render it necessary.
- Effective as of 1st September 2017, the Tourism and Culture Ministry of Malaysia will be implementing a Malaysian Tourism Tax (TTX). Foreign tourists will be required to pay a flat rate of MYR 10 per room per night regardless of accommodation star level. The TTx is to be paid upon check-in. Malaysians or permanent residents residing in Malaysia are exempted from TTx and is required to present a valid identification upon check-in for the exemption.