Things You Should Prepare For Mountain Climb:
- Waterproof backpack to store your items
- Trekking or running shoe with good grip
- Warm clothing/Long sleeves shirt/Hiking pants
- Jacket/Wind breaker
- Extra clothing and socks
- Small towel
- Hand gloves and winter hat
- Disposable raincoats
- Head torch (compulsory)
- Personal toiletries
- Refillable water bottle (0.5 – 1 Litre)
- High energy food such as chocolates, nuts, biscuits, sweets, energy bars
- Your extra luggage can be stored at Kinabalu Park HQ at a nominal fee of RM12 per piece prior climb.
Things You Wish To Bring:
- Medication such as headache tablets or altitude sickness tablets
- Tissue paper / Toilet roll
- Sun block lotion, lip gloss, plasters
- Insect repellent / Mosquito Oil
- Camera with water proof bag
- Sandals / Slippers
- Plastic bags
About Climb Transport Arrangements
- You may self-arranged transportation to Kinabalu Park HQ
- Alternatively, you can book a Mount Kinabalu Shuttle Transfer Service (depart from Kota Kinabalu) HERE.
- Private transfer is available upon request. Please enquire with us.
- Ensure that you have arranged your climb permit, climb insurance, mountain guide services, and transportation before your climb.
- Hiring of porter services is only available at Kinabalu Park HQ.
- Prepare small cash in local currency to pay Sabah Parks authorities for various expenses.
Friendly Note From Sabah Parks:
It is recommended that all climbers should have themselves medically checked before attempting any mountain climb. If you have a history of suffering from the following ailments, it is highly recommend that you should refrain from climbing: Hypertension, Diabetes, Palpitation, Arthritis, Heart disease, severe anemia, Peptic ulcers, Epileptic fits, Obesity (overweight), Chronic asthma, Muscular cramps, Hepatitis (jaundice); or any other disease which may hamper the climber.
Children below 15 years old must fill in the indemnity form upon registration at Park Headquarters.