Things You Should Prepare For Mountain Climb:
- Waterproof backpack to store your items
- Trekking or running shoe with good grip
- Warm clothing/Long sleeves shirt/Hiking pants
- Jacket/Wind breaker
- Extra clothing and socks
- Small towel
- Hand gloves and winter hat
- Disposable raincoats
- Head torch (compulsory)
- Personal toiletries
- Refillable water bottle (0.5 – 1 Litre)
- High energy food such as chocolates, nuts, biscuits, sweets, energy bars
- Your extra luggage can be stored at Kinabalu Park HQ at a nominal fee of RM12 per piece prior climb.
Things You Wish To Bring:
- Medication such as headache tablets or altitude sickness tablets
- Tissue paper / Toilet roll
- Sun block lotion, lip gloss, plasters
- Insect repellent / Mosquito Oil
- Camera with water proof bag
- Sandals / Slippers
- Plastic bags
About Climb Transport Arrangements
- Our friendly guide will meet you at your hotel lobby / greet you at the Airport arrival hall with a placard bearing your good name. Should you encounter difficulties in locating our guide, you can call our hotline number/s stated in your itinerary for further assistance.
- We do not recommend climbers to catch your flight on the same day you descend the mountain due to possible delay from injuries, tiredness and/or bad weather and traffic conditions.
- For 2-Day 1-Night packages, transportation will be arranged for Pick-Up from your Hotel between 06:00hrs - 07:00hrs. Our team will advise your Pick-Up time one (1) day before your departure. Kindly request your hotel for early or packed breakfast on the day of your tour.
- For 2-Day 1-Night packages with ferrata, transportation will be arranged for Pick-Up from your Hotel between 06:00hrs - 06:45hrs. Our team will advise your Pick-Up time one (1) day before your departure. Kindly request your hotel for early or packed breakfast on the day of your tour.
- For 3-Day 2-Nights packages and beyond, our transport can pick you up from either Airport OR your Hotel. Time is dependent on your arrival flight schedule. Please provide us your flight details.
- Add MYR 30 nett per person per way for transport to/from locations outside Kota Kinabalu city (e.g. Beringgis Beach Resort/Langkah Syabas Beach Resort / Papar / Kinarut Area).
- All transportations are based on Seat-In-Coach. This is a transfer service in which clients share their vehicle with other clients. This is a door-to-door service with multiple pickups & drop-offs throughout the journey. Do expect some short waiting time.
- After descending to Kinabalu Park HQ, climbers are subject to pre-determined pickup time set by Amazing Borneo Tours with the last transport returning to Kota Kinabalu city latest by 1800hrs. We will ensure your possible wait of not more than 2 hours at Park HQ. However, if you missed the last transport (which is unlikely) or wish to depart at your own preferred timing, we can arrange a vehicle for private transfer for you (Subject to availability). Please understand that the surcharge for any private transfer will have to be borne by you.
- Private Transfer Surcharge:- MYR 250/vehicle/way
- Our group rates are quoted without deviation, which means we provide only one return transfers for your group. If your group requires more than one return transfers, additional transfer charges may apply.
- Climbers who reach Timpohon Gate after 16:30 Hrs will be imposed a fee of MYR15.00 per hour per guide and need to pay directly to mountain guide on the spot.
- Do take note that your passport will be required for verification during registration at the Kinabalu Park office. Please bring it along with you.
- Effective as of 1st September 2017, the Tourism and Culture Ministry of Malaysia will be implementing a Malaysian Tourism Tax (TTX). Foreign tourists will be required to pay a flat rate of MYR 10 per room per night regardless of accommodation star level. The TTx is to be paid upon check-in. Malaysians or permanent residents residing in Malaysia are exempted from TTx and is required to present a valid identification upon check-in for the exemption.
Friendly Note From Sabah Parks:
It is recommended that all climbers should have themselves medically checked before attempting any mountain climb. If you have a history of suffering from the following ailments, it is highly recommend that you should refrain from climbing: Hypertension, Diabetes, Palpitation, Arthritis, Heart disease, severe anemia, Peptic ulcers, Epileptic fits, Obesity (overweight), Chronic asthma, Muscular cramps, Hepatitis (jaundice); or any other disease which may hamper the climber.
Children below 15 years old must fill in the indemnity form upon registration at Park Headquarters.